Friday, September 2, 2011

All because of Max...

The little boy i babysit (babysat) found a caterpillar on the sidewalk when he was playing at our house. He brought it and showed me and said, "What should I do with it?" "Can i keep it?"

Well me, who always wanted to raise a caterpillar, was SUPER excited. So we put it in a cage, well actually Max "played with it" (more like...well...you know what little kids do with things they find) for awhile.

He ended up going home without it. I kept it safe in a cage for him.

Later, a long time later, we looked at it and it was a cucoon!!! Woohoo! I watched it for awhile, and suddenly one day it was all of a sudden a beautiful Monarch butterfly :)


We let it go...


...and it right away landed on a flower...


...so i could take some shots of it!


This is Max's baby butterfly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment